Country Directorate /Programme Coordination and Board Liaison Officer
Action Aid International Rwanda (AAIR) is a country programme of Action Aid International (AAI) — an anti-poverty agency working with poor, voiceless people, communities and similar-minded partners worldwide. Action Aid is a non-partisan, non-religious development organisation that has been working in Rwanda as a full Country Programme since 1997 to contribute towards eradication of poverty and injustices with a focus on tackling the root causes of poverty. The organisation is primarily concerned with the promotion and defense of economic, social, cultural, civil and political human rights. AAIR launched the first Country Strategic Plan 2013-2017 on May 14, 2013 with very strong focus, alignment and commitment to contributing to the delivery of pro-poor initiatives, Community Development Programmes and short and long term Strategies including EDPRS II and Vision 2020.
Our vision and mission is Rwanda free of poverty and injustice where every citizen fully enjoys the right to life with dignity, and to work with poor Rwandans, with an emphasis on women and the girl child. AAIR is currently seeking applications from well qualified and self motivated persons to fill the position of:
Post: Country Directorate /Programme Coordination and Board Liaison Officer
Category: National Terms and Conditions
Grade : E
Reports to: Country Director
Primary Liaison & Contacts:
Head of Programmes and Policy, Head of Finance, Head of HR/OE and administration, LRP Managers, Sponsorship Manager, Partnership Development and Communications Manager, Management Accountant, Country Directors in Africa CP Cluster, Chief Executive’s Office Coordinator, International Director’s Assistants, Office Manager, Africa Regions Office.
To contribute to the mission of Action Aid International-Rwanda by providing administrative, logistical, liaison and office coordination support to the AAIR country program and effectively liaise with the board.
•Providing office administration support to the office of the Country Director which includes:
- Management of internal and external visitors seeking contact and meetings with the Country Director through planning and managing ID’s diary.
- Management of critical communication (including that of a confidential nature) flowing into and out of the International Director’s office
- Responding to requests for information (verbally and in written) from within the organisation or from external in consultation with the Country Director.
- Maintaining an easily retrievable electronic and physical filing system in the Country Director’s office.
• Providing logistical support to the International Director including:
- Travel and hotel bookings,
- Communication to Country Directors’ Team, countries, functions, on CDs travels and schedules
- CD expenses claims
• Management Support:
- Production of regional events calendar and bringing to the attention of SMT team on possible clashes rescheduling/ changes in participation.
- Provide support to the Director in organising and hosting meetings. Organising teleconferences for team meeting, and other teleconference meetings involving the Country Director
- Taking, producing minutes, circulating minutes of SMT and CMT meetings and preparing and sending out agenda before meetings.
- Supporting the Heads of departments in preparing and finalising reports and updates from the CD to IS and Head of cluster and Board.
- Liaising with the unit heads as and when instructed by the Country Director, for information updates or any other matters requiring their attention.
• Board Liaison:
- Organise and distribute all necessary documents to the board and assembly members
- Other key tasks as may be assigned to support CD in enhancing effective functionning of the board
Education, skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- At least 5 years relevant post-graduation experience in supporting a busy office at national level
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, documentation and organisation skills required.
- Ability to work independently, and sometimes outside official hours, paying keen attention to details, exercising sound judgement and applying confidentiality and sensitivity where required is essential.
- Experience in working in culturally diverse environment is critical.
- Proficiency in computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email) and use of ICT technology for enhancing communication is critical.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply for this position by submitting a duly FILLED in APPLICATION RAM with a Motivation letter and detailed CV including three referees’ contacts (Email + Cell Phone) by e-mail clearly marked in PROGRAM COORDINATION AND BOARD LIAISON OFFICER APPLICATION to the Country Director at Josephine.Uwamariya@actionaid.org and copy to Head of HROE at Justus.email@example.com not later than 13th February, 2014 at 22:00 GMT/00.00 Kigali time. Canvassing of any kind is prohibited. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
Action Aid is an equal opportunity Employer; Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application form template and Detailed Job description is available on request from the HROE on email: Justus.firstname.lastname@example.org
Josephine Irene Uwamariya
Action Aid International Rwanda